Monday, November 28, 2005

Dari Jawa Ke Bali

After doing work for 7 days in Phnom Penh, I began an exhibition of my comics yesterday. My place is not big but it showed “Sun Dew.” If you come here, don’t forget to call at my exhibition; on average, models on sale are achievements of Linda, Khmer artist who grew in Quebec, the French speaking part of Canada.



After the exhibition, we had dinner and did not make a report. This morning is my want because it is the time for a tour I had never made since I came here; Vuth took me to Wat Phnom, a good Buddhism monastery and then toured to Cham village, a living place for Islamic people in Cambodia. Finally, I heard a voice to call me for worship (Adzan). Vuth was waiting for me outside, and I prayed Dzuhur and we took a photograph there.

Cham mosque

sun 01sun 02


After the mosque, we went to Central market, French building, and had coffee.


central_market


Then we visited to a good national museum where has a great deal of antiques and sculptures, which I know some names of them from Khol drama (Wayang) such as Shiva, Vishnu, Dwarawati zone. I think Khol drama has existed for a very long time.


National Museum


Regretfully, I felt tired so we returned my place and took an afternoon rest. After sleep for a while, I took a bath and was ready to go presenting Indonesian comics at Java Café.

Java 01

The presentation of comics is successful because it gathered Cambodian senior comic makers and students with hobbies of making comics.

Java 02Java 04

After that we went to Bali Café; just only a few minutes from Java to Bali, we could eat Indonesian food which Mr. Wahyu, Indonesian embassy staff, paid for us.

06 Bali Cafe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home