Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Lire en fete

Tuesday, November 22, 2005
Lire en Fete
Wednesday, November 23, 2005
The Second and Third Day




That day is the third one; yesterday I had no free time to write a report. On the contrary, there were substantial activities—meeting with Indonesian ambassador in the morning and asking him for translation support. I find it very difficult because my English is not effective, and Khmer language is more difficult for me. After that, I visited Sun Dew to see its exhibition, and then we went to Book Federation, after we had called at a market to find old Khmer comics and had lunch. The Book Federation is a non-governmental organization (NGO). There, we met with students from the Federation’s Comics group, including Royal University of Fine Arts (RUFA) and presented them the Indonesian comics; finally we set a “Jam Strip” program, which means to draw comics together. The Cambodian comics disappeared at markets in 1960s, except at NGOs. While attending the “Jam Strip” program, they were happy to draw, but not interested in drawings regarding criticism when they were asked to tell about Indonesian scenes especially irrelevant sources and politics or systems. The government is still strict. John took me to a printing house who is revising a comic for Heritage Watch. Then I visited to Sovanna Phum Art Center where the comics and short stories are shown. After that, we went to Centre Culturel Français to inspect a place for holding a seminar on my comics, and continued my trip to Phsar Thom Thmei (Central Market) to buy Cambodian and Vietnamese coffee. Coffee … coffee … I must make a book of drawings …

Tags: ,,,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home